Saturday, January 2, 2010

my friend

Julie - (the incredibly patient) Pink Lucky Girl





Oh boy, I didn't realize that this baby carrier would be such a pleasure to sew up - I'm not generally a pink girl!

When I first spotted Lucky Girl in the pink colourway I nearly had pink kittens - I had never ever seen it before and so I *had* to have it *ALL*. Needless to say, 'all' is not that much - all up nearly two yards but I just knew that my friend Julie would love it as soon as I laid eyes upon it.

This is a 1/2 buckle with Lucky Girl in the pink colourway as the feature print, and 'Taivis' by Marimekko on the side panels. The gradation of tones with Taivis really compliment the feature panel very well I think! I also snuck a special little purple hibiscus applique on the left shoulder strap, along with the 1/2 buckle freehand decorative stitching that I do on a whim, on Beetlebums 1/2 buckle baby carriers. The straps and inner are red canvas.

I really really hope that Julie loves it, she has waited so very long for this - thankyou Julie for being the most patient girl in the world *heart*.

6 comments:

NatX said...

OMG
i am not a pink girl but thats stunning xxx
beautiful Mel xx

Missy said...

That is so PINK!!! LOVE it Mel!

Tammy said...

Absolutely stunning as always Mel.

danielle said...

Stunning.... My goal in life is to own one of your carriers Mel. Such exquisite work!

Catriona Kaminski said...

WOW.

curiouser said...

beautiful....